- The date and time of visits to our site
- Your IP address
- Which specific pages are viewed
- Time spent browsing at our site
- General details about web sites visited just prior to and just after your visit to our site.
- Which links are being clicked on our site
What is a “Cookie?”
A cookie a very small file sent by web servers to a web browser where the file is stored. Cookies are usually a very small text document that includes an anonymous unique identifier to identify you when you use and return to our site. When you visit a Web site, that site’s web-server asks your computer or device for permission to store this file in a special part of your hard drive specifically designated only for cookies. Each unique website on the internet can send its own cookie to your browser, but only if your browser’s preferences are set allow it. To protect your privacy, your browser only allows a web site to request and access it’s own cookies it has already sent to you. A website should not permit a site to access the cookies that were sent by other sites.
There are generally two major types of internet cookies: session and persistent. Session cookies are automatically deleted and removed from your computer or device when you close your web browser. In contrast, persistent cookies remain on your device until they are deleted or until which point they reach their pre-determined expiration date.
Cookies on CODGIFTS.COM:
- To analyze how visitors interact with and use our site.
- To offer convenient features such as recognizing registered returning and users
- Offering services such as allowing return visitors to remain logged in, recognizing their username, managing a content submission form, contact form etc.
- To track sales of products for which we are affiliate or associate marketers. We may earn a small commission on products sold through links on our site. Tracking cookies used by affiliate marketing networks we work with allow these networks to track and credit sales generated via our site. This small revenue source allows us to cover our hosting costs, advertising fees and otherwise administer the site.
Most major modern internet browsers allow users a way to refuse to accept cookies. Please consult with the instructions for, or developer of, your specific web browser for detailed instructions on how to access and edit cookie settings for your specific browser.
An IP address is a unique number used to identify your specific computer or device on a network and the internet. IP addresses are used by your computer or device every time you connect to the Internet. IP addresses are automatically collected by our web host server and marketing partners as part of demographic and profile data collection for the purposes of analysis. IP address collection also allows us to fight and counteract hacking and exploitation attacks and comment spam.
Please note, if you choose to correspond with us via email, we may save and store messages. We may retain the content of email messages together with your email address and along with a copy of any of our responses. We provide the same privacy protection for these e-mails as we do in the maintenance and protection of information received online, via postal mail and telephone. Genera E-mail is not considered to be a secure medium. Please do not submit confidential, financial or other sensitive information via e-mail.
How Do We Use the Information Provided To Us?
Generally speaking, we use any personal information collected or accessed only for business purposes. These include (without limitation) purposes of administering our business activities, providing customer service and making services, features and items available and accessible to our customers and potential customers.
We won’t voluntarily obtain personally identifying information about you while visiting our site, unless you choose to voluntarily provide this information to us. We will not sell or otherwise transfer private information collected to third parties without the approval of the user at the time of collection.
Be advised we will disclose information when we are legally compelled or required to do so, or when we require said disclosure for the preservation and protection of our legal rights.
Minors may use this site only in conjunction with the explicit permission and guidance of a parent or legal guardian.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
Please remember, email is not considered a secure medium of communication. For this reason, we respectfully request you do not send any private or confidential information to us by email. Any transmission of private, privileged, sensitive or confidential information will be done at your own risk. Financial information or credit card data should never be transmitted via e-mail. Some of the information you may enter on our Web site may be transmitted securely via a secure medium known as Secure Sockets Layer, or SSL.
CODGIFTS.COM may use software programs and similar methods to create summary statistics, which are used for analytical purposes. We may collect data regarding topics such as (but not limited to):
- Tallying and assessing the number of visitors to the different sections of our site
- What information is of most and least interest and most useful to our visitors
- Determining technical design specifications
- Identifying system performance or problem areas that need correcting to maintain a safe and pleasant visitor experience.
In order to provide and preserve stability and security, and to ensure the greatest chance for our website to be available for all, we may use software programs and other methods to monitor our website and network traffic. This is done to identify and combat threats to security and unauthorized attempts that may intend to cause harm to our site and our users and visitors.
Required Amazon Associates Disclosure:
The owner of CODGIFTS.COM and administrator of this site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please feel free to contact us at [email protected].